Jun 13, 2007
Maybe it sounds silly, but I was taking a shower and hit a mosquito full of my blood. I was wondering if it is possible if that mosquito bit someone else if it could give HIV to them? Maybe a bit far fetched, but still seems poassible to me
Response from Dr. Horwath
No, HIV cannot be transmitted by mosquitos.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Hiv If The Guy Pulls Out?
- Is Protein In Urine A Sign Of Hiv?
- Is Hiv Transmission From Female To Male One Time Unlikely?
- Could A Hepatitis B Vaccination Cause A False Positive Result In An Hiv Test
- Do All Pregnant Women Get Tested For Hiv?
- Can Cytomegalovirus Cause Miscarriage?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.