I Just found out! Keep my partner safe

I just found out 2/17/07 that i am hiv pos. I just turned 18 jan 16th! So much for a happy birthday! I always wanted to go into the medical field so i am mentally strong in the sense that this is a livable virus! however, its just a matter of time virus type of virus! My boyfriend knew the same day that i found out! i couldnt keep that from him, and my dad knew in the next 2 days! I want to be or feel normal even though im not! Will i ever be able to become a doctor! 4 real dont give me no watered down " you can be anything that u want" i need to kno is this thing livable to the point that i can finish med school! and beyond!! Plus how can i keep my boyfriend neg. He is still waiting on his results! But if they do come back neg i need tips on being comfortabke during sex! but i have to keep his saftey in interest!!

Response from Dr. Horwath

The best protection for your boyfriend is to use condoms during sex and to get a good doctor who has experience with HIV to monitor you and treat you if needed. By doing this, you can keep your viral load under control and monitor the status of your immune system (CD4 count).

As for being a doctor, it's up to you. It's difficult for anyone, including completely healthy people, to get into and finish medical education. So I won't say that it will be easy, but I do believe you should lead your life and remain hopeful that you can follow your dreams.

Need support
just wondering