Stress and its effect on treatment

I was diagnosed as positive in May of 2006 and have been on meds since June. I help run a family company and at times this can be very stressful. There are days and nights when I am just a zombie mentally (partially due to meds Atripla). My question is how much does stress affect my overall health. I know this is more of a physical health question but my mental health is also a concern... thanks

Response from Dr. Horwath

Stress can affect both your physical and mental health. You need to get proper rest at night and you should give yourself breaks during the day to eat and rest. Whatever the stresses of your work, remember that work also benefits you in many ways. It helps you feel productive and valuable; it keeps you involved with other productive people; it stimulates your mind. In some ways the "stress" of work actually benefits you, at least in moderation.

mental health
Test question