Sickness bug and medications

Please can you help?

I'm on medication for my HIV and take both Sustiva and Kivexa at 10pm every night without missing any!!!! The thing is over the Christmas period i was sick, once at 4 o'clock in the morning and again the night after at 2 o'clock in the morning - from a sickness bug (i think)!!! Will my medication be ok? really worried incase i will develop resistance because it was not in my system long enough. I've been on my meds since June 2006 and everything seems to be working well, last bloods were CD4 of 370 and an undectable viral load.

Can i just also say to all you Doctors - THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Hope to hear from you soon X

Annie UK

X

Response from Dr. Horwath

With the CD4 count and viral load you reported, your antiretroviral medications appear to be working fine. I don't know what sickness you had, but not every illness is related to HIV. Even people without HIV sometimes get viral infections or other minor illnesses.

a non interest in sex
Bipolar disorder and HIV/sexual appetite response