Just diagnosed with AIDS

Hello Doctor,

I just found out I have full-blown Aids. My t-cell count is at 115. I guess anything under 200 is in the area of AIDS. Anyway, I'm wondering if you could ease my panic a bit or put my mind somewhat at ease explaining to me what I might have in store and if the medications that are being used now are powerful enough to get my t-cell count back up. What questions should are the most important to get answers to. The weight loss is the scariest thing for me and I've lost 15 lbs the last 3 weeks. I'm seeing a doctor and have had a blood sample sent to Stanford for a genotype. That takes almost 2 weeks so I won't be getting on any meds for probably about 2 weeks. Is this dangerous? Should I be more pro-active and forceful with the medical establishment. Mentally, I am doing okay now that I've shared this with many friends and they've all been very supportive. But it's such a scary thing and I really feel like I'm at my wits end sometimes. Thank you for any help or advice you can give me. Sorry for the long question.

Response from Dr. Horwath

No, two weeks is not a long delay. The important thing is to get on the right treatment and to take it absolutely faithfully. The medications are extremely effective and should help to restore your T-cell count to normal levels.

Recently diagnosed
PAIN RELIEF