Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Finding out Results
Jan 31, 2007

I went to get an HIV/STD test at the department of health during a week I was not working. They provide test results 2 weeks after testing, for one hour in the morning and one hour in the afternoon only. I started working full-time the week after being tested and when I returned to the clinic after 2 weeks to get my results, it was on my lunch break. This is the only time I can get break away from work. I asked the nurse at the front desk could I get my results and I was told that I couldn't because it wasn't during those specified times for receiving results. At the time of testing, I signed papers providing them with all of my contact and medical information. It's been about 1 1/2 months now. My question is would they notify me if something on my test came back positive?

Response from Dr. Horwath

I am sure they would notify you about a positive result. It would be irresponsible of them not to do so. You might try asking your work supervisor if you can move your lunch time for one day so that you can go to a doctor's appointment (no further information required).

Previous
Xanax & Zoloft
Next
Does it mean I tested positive?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.