Zoloft and supplements
Jan 22, 2007
I know that drinking grapefruit juice while on Zoloft is not a good idea because of the interaction. However, I was wondering if it is okay to take fish oil, ginkgo, lutein, and vitamin E supplements while on the drug. My biggest concern is the ginkgo, since I have heard conflicting things about its interactions with SSRIs.
Response from Dr. Horwath
I don't know of any clinically significant interactions between ginkgo or the other supplements and Zoloft.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Loose Stool After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- If A Man Pulls Out Before He Comes Can I Still Get A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.