adderall

hi i am taking videx epivir and sustiva for 5 years and have had ADD my whole life and am now back in school and find it imposible to keep up just went to a psycologist that recomended i go on adderall will this be affect my treatment i feel this will improve my quality of life a great deal i have tried antidepressents and herbal treatments that did nothing is it all right to ask my Dr for this i don't drink often wine with dinner.or do recreational drugs

Response from Dr. Horwath

I don't know the basis of your psychologists recommendation. For example, did he do some testing? If he recommended the Adderall to control symptoms of ADD, then this is a reasonable plan. If you are having trouble keeping up in school because the symptoms of ADD are impairing your ability to get the work done, then the Adderall is definietly indicated. You should not feel inhibited about asking your doctor about this. You are best served if you consult with a psychiatrist who has experience with prescribing Adderall for ADD. The Adderall should not interfere with your other medications.

Mycobacterial Avium Intrra Cellulare complex
whether my children will be HIV+