Jan 17, 2007
Just wondering, what are some counseling challenges for the HIV/AIDS population?
| Response from Dr. Horwath
In my experience the big challenges are coping with changes in health and coping with severe illness and impairments in ability to function. Many people have great difficulty in adjusting to the loss of independence that may occur in those who develop severe illness due to AIDS. This is a real challenge for anyone involved in counseling or caring for someone with AIDS.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tiredness After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Any Cases Reported Of HIV By Spitting Blood In Eyes
- Are Monocytes High Or Low With Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.