Dating HIV+ and HIV-, Also Long term relationship
Jan 16, 2007
I recently started dating a women (about 3 weeks) and she told me last night that she was HIV+. I have never been in a situation like this and I really care about her. What are my risks? Can we ever have kids? Can we ever have a normal Relationship?
Response from Dr. Horwath
Sure you can have a normal relationship, if you choose to. This will depend entirely on your ability to accept that she is HIV+ and what goes along with that. If she is not already in treatment, then some day she may need to start. The risk to you is very minimal if you use condoms for sex correctly and always. Yes, children are possible. This would require careful planning.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Can The Hiv Virus Live In Extreme Temperature?
- Does Hiv Cause Intestine Problems?
- Will Bacterial Vaginosis Clear On Its Own?
- What If You Have Sex One Week Before A Herpes Outbreak?
- What Can You Do To Make A Person More Comfortable Who Has Shingles?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.