generalized vs localized

Hello

i am a 21 year old medical student from the uk. Can you please explain to me what generalized lymphadenopathy is, as i cant find the answer anywhere? If the posterior cervical, anterior cervical, and submandibular nodes were all swollen, is this generalized or localized, since they are all in the neck? And do shotty 0.8cm nodes count as swollen?

Im so scared as i have these but i cant be tested til november because i need to wait 3 months from possible exposure. I understand that glandular fever can also enlarge the nodes, but have you ever heard of glandular fever without fever and sore throat?

I am just so worried, i have never experienced stress like this in my life. I feel like every waking moment all i can think of is HIV, and it is seriously affecting my studies.

Thank you for your time, and for providing your many answers in this forum. I have been reading your posts, and have found them very informative.

Thank you, Red

Response from Dr. Horwath

Generalized lymphadenopathy refers to swollen lymph nodes in several different areas of the body, and shotty lymph nodes do not count. Moreover, you do not develop lymphadenopathy 3 months after HIV exposure.

What you need to do is avoid future exposures. This will go far toward preventing this type of anxiety and stress.

depression
HIV transmissions