|BiPolar Disorder and HIV
Dec 19, 2006
My daughter tested positive for HIV about 11 years ago and in the last few years she was diagnosed with BiPolar Disorder. Is this also a symptom of HIV?
| Response from Dr. Horwath
Bipolar disorder is more common among people with HIV infection. HIV does seem to predispose some people to develop manic episodes. I have seen a number of cases.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Erectile Dysfunction An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Testicular Pain A Symptom Of HIV?
- Bloody Pee After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Getting Fingered Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Licking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.