very high doses of zoloft and xanax xr?????

HELLO- I WAS DIAG. WITH FULL-BLOWN AIDS IN 10/95. MY HEALTH IS GOOD TODAY, CD4=700,V.L.=50. HOWEVER, I AM A RECOVERING ALCOHOLIC...AND HAVE BEEN DIAG. W/ MAJOR DEPR.;GEN.ANX.DISORDER;O.C.D.;AND SOCIAL ANX. MY THERAPIST HAS ME ON 250MG. OF ZOLOFT AND 4MG. OF XANAX XR DAILY. DO THESE DOSES SEEM "HIGH" TO YOU? I FEEL MUCH BETTER MENTALLY, AND HAVEN'T DRANK ALC. SINCE STARTING THESE DRUGS.(BEEN SOBER 2YRS,AND ON THESE DRUGS 2YRS.) ALSO, IS INTENSE EXERCISE DANGEROUS W/ THESE AMT.S OF DRUGS IN MY SYSTEM?MY THERAPIST SAYS ALCOHOLICS MANY TIMES DO REQUIRE HIGHER DOSES OF WHATEVER PSYCH MED I TAKE. I ALSO TAKE KALETRA AND TRUVADA FOR THE HIV. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME!!!! BOB

Response from Dr. Horwath

These are appropriate doses for you if your symptoms have improved (which they have) and you don't have any serious side effects (doesn't sound like you do).

Your tolerance for exercise depends entirely on your prior history of exercise and whether you have any other medical conditions. These medications should not interfere with you exercise tolerance.

Stages of AIDS
HEPATITIS B(CARRIER)