Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Stages of AIDS
Dec 19, 2006

I just found out that a family member has been diagnosed with AIDS. His speech is affected due to a brain tumor. He can hardly walk, he's very week, excellent appitite but loses weight at a very rapid rate. He has blurred vision, personality changes and looks terrible. My family is very "secretive" about how bad it is. I say he is pretty close to dying. The dr. told us that if he gets phumonia that it will be the end for him. In your expert opinion, without examing him, would you say he's in the last stages of AIDS?

Response from Dr. Horwath

He certainly appears to be gravely ill. Perhaps his doctor could give you a more precise answer.

Previous
BI Polar and Sexual appetite
Next
very high doses of zoloft and xanax xr?????

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.