hiv and chicken pox
Dec 19, 2006
I just had the chicken pox vaccination. I am 41 yrs old and my doctor and I decided it was a good choice to do it now. my cd4s are at 414 and i won't see any effects in 3 -4 days from what i am told. what are the chances of me getting chicken pox and what could result from it now and down the road?
Response from Dr. Horwath
Your response to the vaccine should be similar to others. You have a relatively healthy immune system based on the numbers you quoted. The vaccine should protect you from getting chicken pox.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Hiv Cause Sensitive Skin?
- What Is The Difference Between Hiv And The Flu?
- If You Have Hiv But You Are Undetectable Can You Still Give Someone Hiv While Having Sex?
- Is Bruising Easily A Sign Of Hiv?
- What Medication Is Used To Treat Chlamydia?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes When No Outbreaks?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.