feel like punching someone

Dr I am 38 diagnosed in Feb 2006 after becoming quite ill - weight loss, KS lesions, fever etc. Initial bloods showed VL >100,000 CD4 136 17%. My clinician believes I was infected a long time ago, which would fit. Started medication in March Sustiva/Truvada. Last month VL <50 CD4 340 18%. Weight is back to what it was and KS is slowly, very slowly disappearing. No more sweats/fevers and feel fine. I should be happy.

Problem is over the last few weeks I have become extremely angry and bitter, not just unsocial but I would go as far as to say anti social. My confidence has gone and I don't want to speak to people and lose my temper very easily and quickly. I feel extremely - and i hate using this over used word -stressed to hell. My family GP thinks I have POST TRAUMATIC STRESS after surviving and running on adrenalin over the last few traumatic months. I have had one 50min appt with a Physcologist and will be seeing them again, although I am ver very scepical it will do any good. Can you offer any advice also is there any medication I can take to try and assist my mood. Thanks

Response from Dr. Horwath

I don't believe that posttraumatic stress is the best way to describe this experience. However, you have experienced a difficult and stressful period, and the irritable mood and loss of social interest do point toward a depression. You should be evaluated. Your scepticism may also be symptomatic of the negative thoughts often seen in depression.

HIV Antibodies
HIV poz for 3 yrs