Recieving Oral Sex
Oct 15, 2006
My fiance recently was givin oral sex by this girl he did not know, and my sister told me that she has AIDS. is it possible to get HIV/AIDS from recieving oral sex? If so, what is the possibility?
Response from Dr. Horwath
There are some reported cases of transmission of HIV by oral sex, but the risk is low. Viral concentrations in saliva are comparatively low. Transmission of HIV is more likely through vaginal or anal intercourse than through fellatio.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If You Have A Sore Throat Does That Mean U Have Hiv?
- Neuropathy And Caffeine
- If A Doctor Was Hiv Positive Should He Tell His Patients?
- Insurance For Hiv Positive People
- What Are The Chances Of Men Getting Hiv From A Woman With A Undetectable Viral Load?
- What Is The The Most Common Route Of Hiv Infection Worldwide?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.