Oct 15, 2006
Can HIV affect sleep patterns, causing Insomnia and lack of sleep, without any aid from Meds that deliver a drowsy sensation?
Response from Dr. Horwath
Yes, insomnia is a very common problem in people with HIV infection. The cause is not clear, but HIV has effects on many body functions, and sleep is one of them.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Happens If Genital Herpes Goes Untreated?
- What Foods To Eat And Avoid With Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Do Genital Herpes Look Like When They First Start?
- What Are My Chances Of Catching Chlamydia?
- What Are The Consequences Of Untreated Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Syphilis Diagnosis How Long Before I Can Have Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.