Oct 15, 2006
Can HIV affect sleep patterns, causing Insomnia and lack of sleep, without any aid from Meds that deliver a drowsy sensation?
| Response from Dr. Horwath
Yes, insomnia is a very common problem in people with HIV infection. The cause is not clear, but HIV has effects on many body functions, and sleep is one of them.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Urine After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Receptive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Getting Fingered Worried I Have
- Swollen Lymph Glands After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.