What rights do I have with Mental Health Treatment

Can my Therapist, Psychiatrist, and clinic I go to refuse to provide Mental Health Services. Situtation is this they insist I must go to group they feel will help me. If I refuse to go to the group, they will end treatment. The group is not related to substance abuse or the like. It is a DBT group.

Problem being is the group interfers with my College Courses or Work Study Position.

Therapist says either go to group or else no therapy.

I will also say the group is not helping, A) I am the only male there and also gay. Rest are females. Makes me very uneasy.

What can I do? I like my therapist and Psychiatrist otherwise.

Response from Dr. Horwath

They must have some good reason for insisting on the group treatment. DBT groups are usually recomended for people who certain repetitive problems in their relationships with others. These types of groups can be quite effective if you participate in an open way. Of course, it won't be helpful if you resist it, and you need to decide what your priorities are. You may need to be flexible in your college courses and work study in order to have a chance to benefit from the group. Give it a chance.

Lenghth of confirmed results
T-cell counts and stress