The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

testing results in a foreing country

Oct 15, 2006

I am at this moment in malaysia for working purposes. I will be here for some time and i had unprotected sex with someone i do not know his status. He did not came but still there was penetration. I am gay bottom. I am planning to take an hiv test but i am in a foreing country and alone. I want to do this testing cause i have a couple in my country and i want to be sure i will not infect him if i got hiv here. The problem is that maybe performing the test here may have consequences like loosing my job, cause i am not sure how confidentially they handle results in malaysia. Do you recommend me to do the test in this country or is it better to talk with my couple (with the possibility of ending my relationship with him) and practice the exam when i get back home? Thanks for your answer

Response from Dr. Horwath

You need to go to a test site that guarantees confidentiality of the test result. You should be able to go to a test site and get information from them on their confidentiality measures.

As for your other relationships, it is your responsibility to practice safe sex to protect yourself and your sexual partners. If you feel you cannot do this for some reason, then you should not engage in any sexual contact that might transmit HIV.

HIV/AIDS controversy

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint