testing results in a foreing country

I am at this moment in malaysia for working purposes. I will be here for some time and i had unprotected sex with someone i do not know his status. He did not came but still there was penetration. I am gay bottom. I am planning to take an hiv test but i am in a foreing country and alone. I want to do this testing cause i have a couple in my country and i want to be sure i will not infect him if i got hiv here. The problem is that maybe performing the test here may have consequences like loosing my job, cause i am not sure how confidentially they handle results in malaysia. Do you recommend me to do the test in this country or is it better to talk with my couple (with the possibility of ending my relationship with him) and practice the exam when i get back home? Thanks for your answer

Response from Dr. Horwath

You need to go to a test site that guarantees confidentiality of the test result. You should be able to go to a test site and get information from them on their confidentiality measures.

As for your other relationships, it is your responsibility to practice safe sex to protect yourself and your sexual partners. If you feel you cannot do this for some reason, then you should not engage in any sexual contact that might transmit HIV.

parents
HIV/AIDS controversy