Oct 15, 2006
Just wondering I am a WM HIV+ for about a year now. Last year I hooked up with a african american girl and we ahd unprotected sex (that was before I knew I was infected).
She is just now getting tested, because it took some work tracking her down.
Are African Americans more prone to infection than Caucasians like Sickle Cell Trait?
Response from Dr. Horwath
No. The risk factors are the same for everyone. Unprotected sex and injection drug use are responsible for transmitting HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Candidiasis Infection Treatment With Doxycycline?
- How Much Does Hep B Treatment Cost?
- If A Man Is Infected With Hiv Can He Pass It On To His Unborn Child?
- What Happens When You Have Mouth Herpes?
- What Causes A Recurrence Of Genital Warts?
- What Are The Different Types Of Herpes Zosters Or Shingles?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.