Am i at risk
Sep 14, 2006
i recently while travelling in Africa had sexual intercourse with a native woman in a highly hiv and aids riddled township. I wore 2 condoms but the lady bled, the blood got onto my clothes but not my genital area as the condoms were still intact. It has only been 4 days since that incident and i want to know what course of action i should take to determine reliably whether i have been infected. I suffer from OCD and this is really making me feel suicidal as i dont know whether i have hiv or not. Could you please advise the most reliable test i can take at this stage.
Response from Dr. Horwath
The locally available HIV antibody test is very reliable, but you need to wait 6-8 weeks for it to be reliable.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Best Over The Counter Medicine For Chlamydia?
- What Happens When Two People Who Have Herpes Have Unprotected Sex?
- What Does It Means If Someone Have Recurrence Of Genital Warts?
- What Are My Chances Of Getting Chlamydia From Someone Who Already Has It?
- What Is The Most Common Symptom Of Gonorrhea In Men?
- Is Tea Tree Oil Used On Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.