How well can the AIDS virus transmitt outside the body?
Jul 30, 2006
Hi I have a friend that is worried about the AIDS virus transmitting through outside of the body. He had told me that he went to a strip club and gotten a stripper's thong and when he went home that night he had masturbated with that thong and he is worried if he can get a AIDS virus through this act. I know I've heard that the virus does not live outside of the body that long but if the incident happened within an hour is there a chance?
Response from Dr. Horwath
There is no chance.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Foods To Avoid If You Have Shingles?
- What Does Gonorrhea Look Like In The Mouth?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Are The Chances Of Passing Chlamydia With A Condom?
- Does Vinegar Dry Up Genital Herpes?
- Syphilis Progression Timeline
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.