How to find mental health professional that I do not have to comfort?

I have been pos for 11 years. I have other, more active, chronic illnesses. Whenever I decide to try therapy (i also have depression), I always wind up having to "comfort" the therapist who obviously find my problems overwhelming. Do you have any suggestions on how to find mental health professionals that are accustomed to people who live with chronic illness? Thank you.

Response from Dr. Horwath

You need to find someone who has experience with people who have medical illnesses, inlcuding HIV/AIDS. They do exist, but psychotherapists with no medical training or experience may find the medical issues intimidating. You might try the local branch of the American Psychiatric Association. They can recommend psychiatrists with experience in chronic illness and/or HIV. Another approach is to try a medical school in the area. They may have an HIV clinic and some experienced psychiatrists and/or psychologists associated with the clinic.

lack of trust in care providers
time