lack of trust in care providers

I've been struggling with depression for quite a while and have found it debilitating, I have not responded well to meds and can't get my doctor or case manager to understand the severity of the problem. I am facing an eviction from my apt. and can't even get my case manager to return my calls. I feel like I'm being denied care and it worsens the depression, at this point I've given up on taking meds and will just let the disease take it's course unless I can find a care team that acknowledges my needs.

Response from Dr. Horwath

When you say that you want to give up and let the disease takes its course, I believe that that is the depression talking. Your frustration is understandable, but you should not give up. If you can't get what you need from your current caretakers, then find someone new. There are many powerful treatments for depression. If you fail to respond to one or two, there are many alternative treatments, including other medications and other types of treatment. Once your depression is under better control, you will undoubtedly feel more hopeful and more willing to carry on.

HIV/HepC/depression and locked up
How to find mental health professional that I do not have to comfort?