Is SAMe safe?
Jul 29, 2006
I am considering trying SAMe to combat some of my recent anxiety and mood swings. I am taking Epzicon and Sustiva with very good results. Is it safe for me to try SAMe while on this regimen? Thanks.
Response from Dr. Horwath
I don't know of any problematic drug interactions with SAMe. However, you might want to consider getting a psychiatric consultation to properly diagnose you anxiety and mood symptoms, and to recommend a more effective treatment. I know that SAMe is used widely, but there is not much scientific evidence to support its use for general anxiety, and there are more effective treatments available.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Herpes After Sharing Vibrators Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Spots After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Take For The Results Of A Hepatitis B Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.