|Is SAMe safe?
Jul 29, 2006
I am considering trying SAMe to combat some of my recent anxiety and mood swings. I am taking Epzicon and Sustiva with very good results. Is it safe for me to try SAMe while on this regimen? Thanks.
| Response from Dr. Horwath
I don't know of any problematic drug interactions with SAMe. However, you might want to consider getting a psychiatric consultation to properly diagnose you anxiety and mood symptoms, and to recommend a more effective treatment. I know that SAMe is used widely, but there is not much scientific evidence to support its use for general anxiety, and there are more effective treatments available.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Red Spots After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Floaters After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.