Jul 29, 2006
I was diagnosed with "AIDS" three months ago. I am 19, white heterosexual. I am being treated with HIV meds. Not spoken with anyone, no support groups....going crazy with rage. Never IV drugs, probably got from one unprotected sex or possibly tattoo (dirty parlor) Just put on ZYPREXA 2.5 mg once a day. Do you think this is good? I thought Prozac or Zoloft. Thank you. Blindsight
| Response from Dr. Horwath
You should discuss this medication with your doctor to find out the reason for this choice. Zyprexa is used to treat bipolar disorder (mania) and psychotic disorders. It's a powerful drug with many potential side effects (eg. weight gain, increased risk for diabetes). There needs to be a very good reason to prescribe it. It is not indicated to treat anxiety or depression alone.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ache In Testicles After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Achy Balls After Touching Period Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fever After Cunilingus Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Touching Stripper Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.