Jul 29, 2006
What are the various factors that lead to non-disclosure of HIV status to partner?
| Response from Dr. Horwath
A common reason is fear of the loss of the relationship. Many people fear that they will be rejected due to knowledge of their HIV status. In some cases, HIV status disclosure may also mean disclosure of some secret behavior, such as sexual or drug use behavior, that has not been previously revealed. Naturally, this stirs up many other issues, such as trust, that have implications beyond HIV status.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute And Possible HIV Exposure
- Anal Warts After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Needle Stick Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Feet After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.