Zoloft?

Dear Dr. Horwath, I was diagnosed 6 months ago, I am not on meds, i am doing fine physically. T-cells 568, viral load 7800, so I am pretty good. I am taking zoloft 50mg for depression and I haven't missed a dose ever. I am not feeling bad, but not as good as when I first started taking zoloft. The first 2-3 months of Zoloft I was very happy and active. Every morning I used to wake up with a lot of energy and I wanted to do a lot of things,I enjoyed everything I did, I never thought of death or suicide. Now, not so much. I am not depressed yet, but I feel like I am getting there again and I dont want to experience depression or anxiety attacks again. I dont want to tell my psychiatrist about this, because I am afraid she might want to increase the dose and if my body gets immune to lets say 100 mg, then what? Considering that I am gonna live with this disease for the rest of my life (which sucks by the way), are we gonna have to increase the dosage everytime I start feeling bad.Thanks for your reply in advance.

Response from Dr. Horwath

The first thing you need to do is speak to your psychiatrist about this. You need to tell her the whole story and then discuss the options. If she recommends increasing the dose, then you have to tell her about your concerns. Obviously, you don't need to change the dose if you have strong feelings about it, but you do need to be honest about it with your psychiatrist.

Your body will not become immune to Zoloft. Some people require dose adjustments from time to time for various reasons, but that is not because of "immunity" to the Zoloft. Work with your psychiatrist on this. Withholding important information from her is not productive for you.

dont know what to do
Severe anemia HIV positive