dont know what to do

I suffer from depression and I am seeing a therapist which has helped greatly. I am 50mg of zoloft but dont feel close to normal yet. I am afraid to raise the dose because maybe change my personality or make me crazy. I dont know what to do, is 100mg a safe dose of zoloft?

Response from Dr. Horwath

Zoloft is a very safe and effective medication for the treatment of depression. It is prescribed in the dose range of 50-200 mg per day, and is usually very well tolerated in that range, with only minor side effects for most people.

It won't make you "crazy" and is very safe. I would advise consulting a psychiatrist and adjusting the dose until you feel better.

HIV Positive
Zoloft?