Research regarding HIV+ support groups
Jul 22, 2006
I am trying to find information (statistics, studies, and other research) that outlines the effects of organized support groups on people effected with HIV.
I can easily find info regarding number of cases, etc. But nothing specific to the benefits of support groups.
Response from Dr. Horwath
I don't know of any published data on the effects of support groups. I would recommend researching the commonly used informational sites. A good place to start is:
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Why Are Genital Warts More Prevalent In Homosexual Men?
- Where Do Genital Herpes Appear?
- When Can I Return To Work After Shingles?
- What Foods To Avoid If You Have Herpes?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Getting Treatment For Genital Warts When Can I Have Sex Again
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.