notification of test results
Jul 22, 2006
My question is if you go to a department of health clinic and take a confidential Hiv test but never pick up the result and test positive do the clinic try to notify you or what is the general procedures in this case
Response from Dr. Horwath
It depends on the specific policies of that department of health. Some departments of health initiated anonymous testing programs so that people could be tested without disclosing identifying information. Other testing programs request more information. In either case, the information is kept confidential. You need to call them and ask them.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Do You Know If You Have Oral Thrush?
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.