Mental Health and HIV/AIDS
Jul 7, 2006
1.What is the relationship between HIV/ADIS and madness. 2. What is the best thing to do for PLWHA to prevent them from developing Mental Health Situation. 3. Where can one get information in hard copies on the issue of HIV/AIDS and mental health.
Response from Dr. Horwath
1. Madness is a lay term that has no specific meaning in the mental health field. So there is no relationship between HIV and madness.
2. People with HIV are subject to the same risks for mental illness as others. In addition, for those who have advanced AIDS, there is a risk of developing HIV-associated dementia and other neurological problems.
3. Try the New York State AIDS Institute.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Swollen Glands A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Can You Catch HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Black Spots After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.