MRSA infections danger

I recently had an mrsa infection in lung and plura space which caused me to be hospitalized twice and 7 weeks of difficulties. I have T cells of 592 and a ratio of 49% but i do not know if I am HIV positive because my last test was two years ago. I think I caught this nasty bug from a crystal meth user who is hiv poz or at baths or at gym or at ICU where I visited a sick friend. But most likely from person to person contact. This is in my opinion a new sexually transmitted disease, and alarms need to be sounded. A marine in boot camp died recently of MRSA at 18 year old because the hospital could not determine the pathogen in time and he was completely healthy he also had it in the lung. I am too afraid to even get an HIV test and never want to go thru this again. I am afraid to even go to gym. I read that the nose is common location to carry the infection. This has taken one months of my life to fight this on intraveneous vancomycin. Can the CDC list this as a sexually transmitted disease so that others can be saved this suffering? How long does it live on gym equipment? Does certain soaps kill it on skin? The Dr. Rx-ed a nasal antibiotic to stop re-infection I think is that efficatious?

I am too terrified after this illness to even find out if I am poz.

Response from Dr. Horwath

Multidrug resistant Staph aureus (MRSA) is a bacterial infection that is increasingly common, and thought to be related to the overuse of antibiotics. People with HIV infection are more susceptible to this type of infection, but those without HIV infection can also be affected.

If you are concerned about your HIV status, then you need to get tested.

homo vanillic acid
HIV+ and Oregon