|RN and HIV
May 27, 2006
I am HIV and have gone back to school. I am interested in becoming a nurse. I discussed this with my medical provider who is a NP. She thinks it is a great idea and that my HIV should not be an issue. What is your thoughts on someone with HIV becoming an RN?
| Response from Dr. Horwath
I agree with your NP. It's a great idea for you to become a nurse. Your own experience with HIV may help to better understand the experiences of others with similar experiences. Like all nurses, you need to use universal precautions when interacting with patients.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Should I Get Test For AIDS
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Diarrhea After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.