RN and HIV
May 27, 2006
I am HIV and have gone back to school. I am interested in becoming a nurse. I discussed this with my medical provider who is a NP. She thinks it is a great idea and that my HIV should not be an issue. What is your thoughts on someone with HIV becoming an RN?
Response from Dr. Horwath
I agree with your NP. It's a great idea for you to become a nurse. Your own experience with HIV may help to better understand the experiences of others with similar experiences. Like all nurses, you need to use universal precautions when interacting with patients.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Animal And Insect Bites Transmit Hepatitis?
- Does Gardasil Work If Already Have Hpv?
- How Long Does Fluconazole Stay In Your System?
- List Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat
- Can You Get Hiv Going To Strip Club?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.