exposure to a scrape on skin
May 4, 2006
I recently assisted a co-worker with an injury where his arm was badly scraped. I assisted him in applying a Band-Aid to the area. Not knowing his lifestyle or background, I have suddenly become paranoid of HIV. He is effeminate, but not gay. Can HIV be passed through contact with scraped skin? I don't believe I had any open cuts or wounds on my fingers when I touched him. How long do I need to wait to be tested to ease my mind? Am I just paranoid??
Response from Dr. Horwath
If you had no cuts or scrapes on your hands, then you are safe.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom
- Is Itchy Scrotum A Symptom Of HIV?
- Can You Get HIV From Picking Your Nose?
- Floaters After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Take Amoxicillin For Vaginal Infections?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.