Dating someone whit HIV

I have meet a guy and we have relly hit it off. We have had sexual intercourse but would only go so far, and pratice safe sex. We both are are srarting to show alot of feelings towards each other. He said last night that he had to tell me something, and He didnt know how I would take it. But he told me that he was HIV+. I told him that I'm not here to judge him. I have never dated anyone that has been exposed to someone that was HIV+. The question I have is. If we were to continue a relationship with each other. What are the chances of me being exposed to the HIV virus? I always pratice safe sex. I was wanting to know how could the both of have intercourse or any kind of sexual relationship and the both of us be satisfied?

Response from Dr. Horwath

You are wise to always practice safe sex in order to protect yourself from HIV infection. As long as you use condoms, you greatly reduce the risk of exposure to the virus. There are also other factors that contribute to the risk, including the strain of HIV that your partner has his viral load. In order to minimize the risk to you, he needs to monitor his own HIV infection, and make sure to start treatment if his CD4 cells fall below the treatment guidelines or if his viral load gets to high levels.

Paxil versus Lexapro
i told my kids