|Paxil versus Lexapro
May 4, 2006
I have switched from 40mg of paxil to 20mg of lexapro in the last 3 weeks. I am far more tense and aggressive after switching to lexapro? is that common, or could it just be the difference in drugs?
| Response from Dr. Horwath
People react differently to various medications. In your case, feeling more tense and aggressive may be related to the different effects of the 2 drugs, or it may have to do with the rapid switch from Paxil to Lexapro. Rapid discontinuation of Paxil is sometimes associated with uncomfortable symptoms, such as tension or irritability.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sinus Infection Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Blowjob From A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Dizziness After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Getting Scratched Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.