Valium and it's effect on Cd4 counts?
May 4, 2006
I'm wondering about something a long term survivor once told me about the drug valium and it's effect on cd4 counts, which was that it valium was a medication that destroyed cd4 cells is there any truth to that?- and if not would it be safe to consider in change is medication from xanax to valium on the hiv regimen i'm currently on, which is 100 mg of Novir (once daily), Reyataz and Truvada?
Response from Dr. Horwath
No, Valium does not destroy CD4 cells. It has no known effect on the immune system.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Blood In Semen After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can I Get Hepatitis C From A Bite Wound?
- 7 Week Negative Rapid Blood Test After Low Risk Exposure
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.