HIV @ isolation

Hello

Thank you for all the work you do on this site. My question pertains to the isolation caused by HIV. I am an attractive, young female but I have found it a very slow and painful process to find a mate. I have so much going for me in my life ... but the isolation I am dealing with is taking a toll on my happiness and no doubt my immune system. Any advice?

Response from Dr. Horwath

You would benefit from having someone to talk to about this subject. Try to find a support group for young HIV+ women or a psychotherapist who has experience with HIV+ patients. I think that you'll find that the isolation can be relieved by sharing your thoughts and feelings with others. You may discover that there are others with similar feelings, which means that you are not alone. Or you may find that there are ways to better cope with these feelings of isolation.

I hope you can find the help you need. Best wishes.

ginseng and hiv meds
Mental health and HIV