|ginseng and hiv meds
May 4, 2006
am hiv+ since 2001,started (truvada-reyataz-norvir) on Nov 2005.i have a long history of depression/anxiety.recently thought of taking the Ginseng capsules 535 mg per day,but am not sure if it is ok to take them with my hiv regimen.Shall i go ahead,or there could be a negative interaction between my regimen and the Ginseng. CD4 901 VL undetectable Cd% 20 thanx.
| Response from Dr. Horwath
I am not aware of any problematic interactions between ginseng and your HAART regimen.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Recurrent Yeast Infections Six Months After Possible HIV Exposure
- Small Lymph Nodes Early Hiv Chronic Discomfort
- Tested Positive After 6 Months
- What Things Cause A False-positive HIV Test Result?
- Why Does Hiv Antibodies Take So Long To Develop?
- Can You Have Initial Hiv Symptoms And Test Negative?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.