Are diet pills less safe for HIV + people

I have never told anyone this, but I have been taking diet pills for a long time now... like 10 years; with the exception of when I was pregnant. I don't know if it's some kind of addiction or what, but I generally use the thermogenic fat burners. Are these pills more dangerous for those of us with HIV? I think I'm kind of hoping you tell me yes and I have to get away from them, because part of me wants to stop taking them, and I know they're not the way to keep fit. Thanks

Response from Dr. Horwath

The first thing you need to know is that you are wasting your money on "thermogenic fat burners." These "diet pills" are based on slick advertising campaigns, but are not supported by scientific evidence. The FDA does not review or monitor supplements like this, so they can make unfounded claims in their advertising. This situation led to the widespread use of ephedra and serious health consequences for many users.

I would recommend stopping the diet pills.

I Think I'm Not Depressed
ginseng and hiv meds