|can he do that?
Apr 26, 2006
i was once married to hiv- man, who when i was undetectable loved me with all his heart. when my viral load changed, we started having more problems which lead to divorce. my question now is, can he go around and share with everyone of my status even though he is still negative? what are my rights? how can i get him to stop?
| Response from Dr. Horwath
Since he is not your physician or priest, he is under no obligation to protect your confidentiality. You can ask him to stop, but you cannot force him to do so.
It may be ethically wrong, crude and mean for him to talk about your HIV status, but it is not illegal.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Rash After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Swallowing Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Touching Used Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Touching Precum Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Touching Vaginal Secretions Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.