can he do that?
Apr 26, 2006
i was once married to hiv- man, who when i was undetectable loved me with all his heart. when my viral load changed, we started having more problems which lead to divorce. my question now is, can he go around and share with everyone of my status even though he is still negative? what are my rights? how can i get him to stop?
Response from Dr. Horwath
Since he is not your physician or priest, he is under no obligation to protect your confidentiality. You can ask him to stop, but you cannot force him to do so.
It may be ethically wrong, crude and mean for him to talk about your HIV status, but it is not illegal.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fever After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Protected Anal Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Genital Wart Treatment And Healing Time
- How Do I Get Rid Of Vaginal Pain After Sex?
- Just Because The Vagina Is Burning Doesn't Mean You Have An Std
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.