New Discordant Relationship
Apr 25, 2006
I am a man who has had HIV for 12 plus years, I never expected to be forming a relationship with a negative man. Trying to determine ultimately what is safe and what is risky. Routinely use condoms for anal sex, though do not use condoms for oral sex. He has multiple piercings, though none are new.
Response from Dr. Horwath
Condom use would protect both you and your partner during anal and oral sex. The risk of unprotected oral sex is low, but not zero. The piercings are not an issue.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Over The Counter Drugs Can Treat Genital Herpes?
- What Kind Of Doctor Treats Chlamydia?
- What Color Are Herpes Lesions?
- What Causes Hpv To Reoccur?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- Time Frame After Contracting Herpes Before It Shows Up On An Std Test
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.