boyfriend recently converted

Hello Dr.:

My boyfriend became hiv after having an anonymous sexual encouner during our courtship. When he told me about the results, I promised myself not to reject him, even though we had agreed to play safe should we ever fool around on the side. I dont want to hurt him, but I am afraid to move forward even though there is love involved. How do I come to terms with all of this? I met him last June, he converted in August, and we've been together since.

ps he is becoming more attached to me and loving, and I feel cold and find it difficult to let him go...

Response from Dr. Horwath

There is no right answer to this question. You need to decide what you want and whether the risk is worth it to you. This is a personal decision for you. One thing you should consider is that your friend has already broken one promise. This should go into your decision as to whether he is trustworthy.

My new partner tested posative
When do i need med?