Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Mental Health and HIVMental Health and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

boyfriend recently converted
Apr 8, 2006

Hello Dr.:

My boyfriend became hiv after having an anonymous sexual encouner during our courtship. When he told me about the results, I promised myself not to reject him, even though we had agreed to play safe should we ever fool around on the side. I dont want to hurt him, but I am afraid to move forward even though there is love involved. How do I come to terms with all of this? I met him last June, he converted in August, and we've been together since.

ps he is becoming more attached to me and loving, and I feel cold and find it difficult to let him go...

Response from Dr. Horwath

There is no right answer to this question. You need to decide what you want and whether the risk is worth it to you. This is a personal decision for you. One thing you should consider is that your friend has already broken one promise. This should go into your decision as to whether he is trustworthy.

Previous
My new partner tested posative
Next
When do i need med?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.