Cross infection

Hello Doctor,

My girl friend I are both Hiv positive, and on Med with undetectable VL. We have always practiced safe sex.

For the last 2 weeks we stopped using protection, because we are trying to get pregnant, my question is what is the risk of cross infection?

Response from Dr. Horwath

The risk of "superinfection," which is infection with a second strain of HIV, is probably low, but not zero. The undetectable viral load puts you at low risk, but if you are regular sexual partners and don't use protection, you have a risk of passing your own strain of HIV to your partner, and vice-versa.

Perhaps this risk is worth it, given you goal, but that's a decision that you need to make.

on advarage how long has he had HIV
Birthday or Funeral?