Should I past the test?

My ex boyfriend just call me last week to tell me he is HIV +, which was a surprise for me. He told he had multiple parteners after our relationship but think I might be the person responsable since we didnt used often condom. ( he said, beside me, he always used condoms) Since then he is very depress and confuse while, for myself, everything is just going great in my life beside when he call me accuse of transmeting the decease. I tested negative 2 months before i dated him. And personnaly ,I cannot understand how I could have caught that decease since I play safe most of the time.I say most of the time because it happen one or twice before i date him I had anal sex with one partern where un had unsafe sex sex and i was a top. Now everybody around me asked me to past the test.To have that "peace of mind". Peace of mind? I had the peace of mind before my ex call me and wish to keep it that way. If i ever learn i m HIV + i will lose control of myself. Therefore why should I past the test? Alot of people don't know that their hiv+ or that they have a cancer somewhere or that they will have a heartattack in 15 years from know and for that reason they are more happier with their life from the person who knows...help me please because i know myself within a week or two I will complety forget that episode and move to something else and i dont want to take the wrong decision.

Response from Dr. Horwath

If you suspect that you have been exposed, then you should get the HIV test. Most importantly, you should always use condoms when having sex without exception.

Is it time to change doctor?
Your thoughts on antidepressants