Hiv with out meds

I have just tested (+) for hiv. Looks like I have been walking around with HIV for the last 3 years and have no symptoms. The person that I contracted HIV from thinks that he has had this for 7 years with no symptoms. Is there any information or books that just deal with those that are HIV (+) and have not reach the point of taking Medication? Thank you for you time.

Response from Dr. Horwath

You should seek medical care from a physician with experience treating HIV and AIDS. You need periodic medical follow-up to evaluate your course of infection and to make a proper decision as to when you should start antiretroviral treatment. The current treatment guidelines are based on the CD4 count, the presence or absence of symptoms and the viral load. For this reason, you need medical follow-up.

There are a variety of good websites for information. To name a few:

TheBody.com

AIDS.org

AIDSinfo.nih.gov

hiv treatment in prisons
confusion with what i should do