|hiv treatment in prisons
Feb 16, 2006
i am in a prison in texas.i was just diagnosed on jan.16th, how can i get treatment in prison when they say that they can not afford it?
| Response from Dr. Horwath
You are entitled to proper health care when confined in prison. The prison system has the responsibility to provide medical care, including treatment for HIV infection and AIDS. If you are not getting treatment, you are entitled to appeal to the appropriate health authorities and, if necessary, get legal help to force the corrections system to provide medical care.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash During Seroconversion
- Black Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Licking Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.